Hamilton Square in Birkenhead Wirral is a square surrounded by Georgian terraced buildings. It was built beginning in 1826 and to the design of Edinburgh architect James Graham. It is second only to Trafalger Square in London for having the most Grade 1 listed buildings in one place in England.The land on which the square was developed was purchased in 1824 by Scottish shipbuilder William Laird (1780–1841). He commissioned Graham a leading Edinburgh architect, to lay out a square and surrounding streets, in a similar style to Edinburgh. es. Hamilton Square, named after Laird’s wife’s family.
Around the square.
Visited 645 times, 1 Visit today