General Data Protection Regualation -Privicy Policy Update Dated 22nd May 2018
- What information we collect.
- How we use collected information.
- Where we store your personal data.
- How we protect your information.
- Sharing your personal information.
- How long we keep your personal information.
- Your rights.
- Third-Party websites.
- Your acceptance of these terms.
What information we collect
Information you give us. Information you give us may include your name, email address, mailing address, phone number. We do not collect your date of birth. We collect information about places of interest and attractions which are described on the website. This is information that you voluntarily give to us. You can always refuse to offer any information and delete your personal detail at any time, but it may prevent you receiving information about new uploaded attractions.
Information we collect about you. This is information that we collect automatically about your visit during your time on the website. This type of information is typically collected using small data files called cookies. This information helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse the Site and also to indicate where the Site requires improvement.
Your uploads are the source of our information. AOYDS is a content information sharing website which has advertising portals. We are affiliated to Amazon and also use AdSense. When you use the portals you are leaving the AOYDS website to purchase items or browse other content on other websites which have their own information sharing/privacy policies. The information in these cases will be gathered voluntarily with your consent.
How we use collected information
The information Attractionsonyourdoorstep.co.uk collects from you, your name & address, ,email, your own photographs and text content. This may be used by us for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information about new user uploaded content.
- To improve our customer service by responding to you more quickly and efficiently;
- To personalize your experience on the site;
- We may use your information to better understand how our collective customers use our website;
- To improve our Site
- We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services;
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site feature;
- To send you any information relating to attractions, places os interest ,eateries we think will be of interest to you.
- To send periodic emails.
We may use your email address to send information and updates about the website to you. It may also be used to respond to questions or other requests. If you choose to opt in to our mailing list, you’ll receive emails that include website news, updates, advertising information, and more. You can unsubscribe from our emails at any time by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link .
Where we store your personal data
All information that you provide to us is stored on our secure server, and we will take reasonable steps to protect your information in accordance with this policy.
How we protect your information
We use extensive security measures to ensure that your personal information, username, password, transaction information, and data is safe from unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or deletion. Any data exchange between you and our site happens over an SSL-secured channel, which is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
Sharing your personal information
We may use third-party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
Attractionsonyourdoorstep.co.uk does not process any payment information. Any purchases made for products as a result of clicking an advertising portal must be taken up with that company that is the seller company. These advertising company payment gateways have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions. For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
Third-Party Provider Privacy Policies:
How long we keep your personal information
We retain your personal information for as long as you have your account. You have the right to request your information be deleted. (See “Your Rights” section below)
- You have the following rights under law in respect of your personal information:
- The right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal information;
- The right to request access to your information to be sure we’re using it legally;
- The right to request that inaccurate or incomplete information about you is made accurate;
- The right to request the deletion or removal of your information where there is no further reason for us to use it;
- The right to restrict the use of your information;
- The right to obtain and reuse the information that we have about you for your own purposes;
- The right to refuse certain uses (such as for marketing purposes); and
- The right to opt out of a decision that has a legal effect on you that has been based on an automated decision.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, you may do so at any time by writing to us at the address below. (See the “Contact” section below)
If you would like to request the information we hold about you under a Subject Access Request (“SAR”) you can e mail us directly.at [email protected]
You may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our webSite. Your continued use of the site after changes of policy will be regarded as acceptance to the changes.
Document produced 22nd May 2018